Monday, July 19, 2010

a work in progress.


These are two items I have spent time working on recently for bright things...beginning a collection of cute hair pins...and starting some small square/block-like oil paintings. (they are thick, though you can't see in the photo...meant to sit among small spaces of a bookcase or upon a desk). I have found it discouraging that things are not progressing as quickly as I would like. With prices here it is literally a $50 commitment minimum to buy supplies for even just a few pieces.

However - good news is this - someone has already been blessed by bright things. Someone I know told me of a friend they have, who has had a bit of a rough time in her life lately - being involved in a car accident, among other things. They wanted to send a headband to this girl, knowing she would like it. I thought to myself - if even just the headband would be a joy to someone, it's worth skipping the sale and just sending it. So off it's been shipped - and I am happy for even the tiniest first step.

The next step after building up enough pieces will be to create some tags & packaging. If you would like to help in this area (some of you mentioned hand-lettering font...etc) just send me an e-mail. I'm still working on organizing collaboration, and I think this would be a good area to begin that. In my mind I am picturing tags tied with twine on each item (describing the point of bright things) & maybe brown paper bags with a stamped logo/font to wrap the purchase. That being said, I'm open to any other ideas as well.

Also - if you have a craft in mind that you want to begin yourself that you feel would fit in well with bright things, write me of your idea...and I'd love to see other items posted along with what I've been making.

Thank you for the comments, the encouragement & the desire to help. I can't do this alone. (As I am quickly realizing).


No comments:

Post a Comment